Friday, August 27, 2010

Does this rearend make my truck look fat?

Kevin and I went to KarBashers this morning and pulled the rear axle out of a 1989-90 Dodge Dakota. It took us about 3 hours and we had to walk the thing out of the yard in a wheel barrow. The truck had 300000 km on it but the axles look pretty good - a bit rusty but definitely better than what I had.  The main reason was to have a 5 lug pattern for the rear wheels which will match the front 5 lug pattern of the front wheels (the old axle I had was 6 lug).  No ABS though - no biggie.

Here is Kevin himself with the old axle behind him and the new one in front. Whatta trooper. 

Holding that shock kinda weird....Just happy to be here I guess.

1 comment:

  1. interesting project I to am in alberta and working on my own project a 1950 dodge pickup that im putting on a 1995 dodge Dakota frame I will check back to see how your making out good luck

    ReplyDelete