Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 8, 2010 - Slow.

It has been slow going.  Mike can only weld on the weekends and I don't want to pester him too much.  I have been dropping off resumes and looking for work.

As for the Fargo, while I am waiting for the frame to get completed, I ripped apart the front steering components and the rear.  I ordered bushings from a company in the USA and took the parts to the Dodge dealership to get them put in.  I don't have a press and these ball joints need to be pressed in.  The shop told me no problem, we can do that.  Turns out they can't.  They put half of them in and charged me $160 bucks.  That's the last time I go to the dealer.

Good bye old 6 lug rotors and wobbly old ball joints.



I took the half finished parts over to Alberta Springworks, which is where the dealer says they farm out this type of work.  before I left I asked them "why didn't you just tell me that at the start".  They had no answer for that.

I picked up new rotors for a 1990 Dakota in order to change from a six lug wheel (which the donor Dakota had) to a five lug.  The older 4.5 X 5 pattern should fit the original rims from the Fargo - COOL.  I also got new shocks, bearings, seals and brake calipers.  When done the whole front end will be rebuilt and it will be like driving the truck off the lot.

I got all of the parts from Dash Distributers (shocks & calipers) and Part Source (rotors and bearings). 

No comments:

Post a Comment