Friday, March 9, 2012

Waiting for Parts & Future plans

I buy a lot of parts for the bikes I repair on Ebay.  If you can wait for delivery this is the way to go for inexpensive parts.

I also input all of the data and expenses I have for these projects into Quick Books so I can track the spending and don't go overboard.  I have a budget for each bike that is below their current market value and my hope is that once they are fixed I will be able to sell them at a small profit.

The proof of that will be when they sell I guess - but so far I am enjoying it immensely and getting some dirt under my fingernails.

I have swing arm spools and bar ends on order for the R1, plus Rossi FIAT fairings that were custom made in China - I will need to get some decals but am waiting for the fairings to arrive so I can measure it all up.

I have fairings on order for the GSXR; also mirrors, ram air ducts, some Schwantz decals, turn signals, windscreen, choke cable and rear brake lever.  So far we are well in budget.

The 1993 CBR gets a lower triple tree, a clutch adjuster, new levers, signal lights, and I will need to paint the tank/wheels.  I am going to use the leftover fairings from the 1991 to save some $$$$.  It also has a need for tires.  This one will be close to the budget but I think I can make it work.

Project retro (1991 CBR) is done with the exception of fitting the bodywork better and cleaning up some odds and ends.

Let the waiting commence ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment