Friday, November 22, 2013

Work continues on Secret Service

I plugged in the Data East secret service pinball and it wouldn't work.  The previous owner thought transformer so I swapped the transformer from it into my Data East 35th Anniversary Playboy. The Secret Service transformer powered up the Playboy with no issues.

So I swapped the Power Supply board from Playboy into Secret Service.  The Secret Service fired right up.  So there are obviously issues with it's power supply.

But none of the flippers work and none of the coils fire.

I checked the fuses and replaced the 3A fuse in the Flipper Board.  Now I have the flippers working.  But the top right flipper is erratic and best.  I will have to trouble shoot it and replace the coil or whatever is faulty.

The coils I can't figure out.  I will have to dig deeper.

There are also a few switches not working and the right spinner is missing.  The bottom half of the display doesn't work - so I transferred the Playboy one in to use diagnostics.  I found out that the diagnostic service switch doesn't work either.

Lots to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment