Monday, October 28, 2013

Data East Secret Service

Found a pin on Craigslist here in Surrey BC.  It was a Data East Secret Service.

The playfield looks pretty good and it is from the same era as the Playboy - I can swap boards and some other parts.  Which is good because it doesn't run.

I had a good rapport with the seller but I always cringe when they tell me "it doesn't work but I think the problem is....".  Why didn't you fix it then?  I always lowball at that point. 

And it turns out the seller of this game was wrong.  He thought transformer.  The power board isn't working.  I swapped in the Playboy board and the game fired up immediately.  I'm going to try my hand at trouble shooting and repairing the board.

But the game looks cool and I think it will play nice.

Here it is in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment