Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lucky Strike - Nearing Completion

I finished most of the small projects that always seem to eat up time.  The Lucky Strike Suzuki is 99% complete - it needs the gas cap and needs the carbs synched.

I made an aluminum turn signal/license plate holder to replace the old one which was made out of perforated metal.  The signal lights are also installed and they work great.


I attached the front fairing stabilizer and windscreen.  The front end is pretty much done.  I just have to fix a wire loom and that's it. I took a picture of it in the garage at 12:45 am
I am kinda mad that the rear fairing and rear seat covers are slightly different colours.  The paint match is a shade off.  Ah well.


There wasn't much I could do about the muffler - it was pretty shoddy.  And the paint is supposed to look like a big red Lucky Strike dot laid across the middle of the bike - but the Chinese fairings have the wrong angles on their paint job so the dot looks a little wonky.... but the effect is still there.

I need to recover the seat and tune the motor and then it goes up for sale.

Overall I am happy with how it turned out and wish I could keep it.  I really like the Lucky Strike theme.  Maybe I will get to do another in the future.

This is what we started with -

And this is where we ended up -

1 comment:

  1. Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigarettes? I buy all my cigs over at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 50%.

    ReplyDelete