Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another new toy - 1997 GSX-R

So I found a 1997 GSX-R for sale and picked it up on the cheap.  I was told it runs but we'll see.

I am so a product of the 90's.  Yes the bulbous style is a little dated but these are still good bikes.  Here it is at home.


It has had a rough life and is a bit crunchy - not many pieces of the body untainted by pavement.  But I know it will clean up nice.  The plan is to get it to Lucky Strike red and white colours - an homage to Kevin Schwantz who raced in MotoGP in the 90's.

Here is Schwantz doing what he does best circa 1994.  I think I will try to get the paint scheme close, and put his number 34 on it.  A little known fact is that when Schwantz retired from racing in 1995 he had 34 points in the GP series - the same as his number plate.

We'll see what the budget allows.  Hopefully it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment