Friday, October 1, 2010

Nearing the year end with a rusty rear end.

So I am coming to the end of the truck building season.  It is all ready getting cold enough that I have to scrape the windows on the cars.  The deal was when that happens the cars go back into the garage, so I am in the process of making that possible.

Last week I took apart the rear leaf springs and painted them up.


I just used a wire cup brush on the grinder and then hit them with a can of evaporust.

Then I bolted them to the truck and set the rusty axle onto them.  i had no time to clean the axle.  I will get to it next year.  I had to move the spring perches in about an inch to fit.


Here are the springs and axle in place.  I put the old skinny bias ply tires on.
 Then I put the old Dodge tires onto the front.  Now i have a rolling chassis that has the original tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment